Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fish Tacos- A Lesson in Versatility


I learned a life lesson about fish tacos recently that I would like to share with the readers of Fish Taco Magazine, and it is this:

Fish Tacos may be the most versatile food in the world.

This lesson was learned at the Crepe Vine in Berkeley, CA where I found fish tacos on the menu. They demonstrated the versatility of fish tacos, as you can see in this picture. They were served with cesar salad and skillet potatoes of all things. The tacos themselves were delightfully well appointed and flavorful. Pairing them with the salad and potatoes rather than rice and beans only enhanced the mexican flavors of the tacos. Truly a delightful eating experience.
So, lesson learned. You can pair a good fish taco with anything. Try it for yourself.

2 comments:

Semiprecious1 said...

Hey Andrew,

You are too funny. I just found your blogs and I have to say that I was highly entertained. On the subject of the fish taco, you should definitely try making them with Talapia. It is not an overated fish. BTW, when were you and the family in Maui? We were in Kauai in April for my brother's wedding and Maui in May for kicks. Hawaii is so amazing, but the flight sucks. Anyway, glad you and your wife are well!

Much Love,
Amy Tymn Stevens

PS-visit my blog to see what the Stevens famiy has been up to: semipreciousandfamily@blogspot.com

Karen S said...

"Delightfully well appointed and flavorful". You are a true wordsmith.